View Mobile Site

Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal

Phony claim of shooting puts schools on lockdown

POSTED December 2, 2011 11:14 p.m.

A false report of a shooting prompted two Turlock schools to order lockdowns while police searched the area for the reported shooter.

In the end, it was discovered the victim was hit with pepper spray during a domestic dispute and not shot, according to the Turlock Police Department.

The incident began around 9 a.m. Wednesday when a man called 911 on his cell phone and told a dispatcher he had been shot. The man said he didn’t know where he was, so officers used GPS to track his location and discovered he was near Walnut and Mederios elementary schools.

As a precaution the schools were ordered on a lockdown while police investigated the incident.

Upon locating the victim, officers learned he had not suffered any gunshot wounds, but instead had been sprayed with pepper spray.

According to the police report, the suspect pepper sprayed the victim after accusing him of having an affair with his girlfriend.

The victim did not require medical attention.

No arrests were made and the incident remains under investigation.             

Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...