View Mobile Site

Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal

Police make arrest in drive-by shooting

Police make arrest in drive-by shooting

Hector Cruz


POSTED November 16, 2012 6:46 p.m.

A Turlock man wanted for a drive-by shooting that injured one man was arrested Thursday at his home, where Turlock police investigators seized several firearms.

The suspect, Hector Cruz, 31, was booked into Stanislaus County Jail on a charge of attempted murder for the Oct. 2 shooting in the 1100 block of Picard Lane.

According to the police report, the male victim of the shooting had been arguing with a man about speeding in the neighborhood. Later someone drove a white vehicle by the Picard residence and fired multiple times at the male victim, striking him once in the upper thigh and grazing his abdomen, Turlock Police spokesperson Officer Mayra Lewis said.

Through the course of the investigation detectives linked Cruz to the shooting, Lewis said. A search warrant for Cruz’s residence in the 1100 block of Stone Court was served Thursday by members of the Turlock Police Department’s Special Weapons and Tactics team.

Cruz’s residence is two blocks from the scene of the shooting.

At the home investigators found a semi-automatic pistol, a semi-automatic rifle, an assault rifle and several rounds of ammunition, Lewis said.

Cruz could face additional charges for the weapons.

Cruz remains jailed in lieu of a $500,000 bail. He has an arraignment scheduled for Monday in Stanislaus County Superior Court.

 

Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...