View Mobile Site
Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal
Friends 2 Follow photo f2f banner_zpsxhrst2or.jpg

Chimney fire damages home

POSTED February 15, 2013 10:03 p.m.

A fire inside a chimney damaged a Turlock residence early Thursday.

The fire was reported at 12:53 a.m. Thursday at 737 Birchwood Way.

The occupants of the home were awoken by their barking dogs and discovered burning embers falling into the living room from the fireplace, according to the Turlock Fire Department.

All the occupants made it out of the home safely.

There was heavy smoke pouring from the chimney when fire fighters arrived. The fire was brought under control with 10 minutes of their arrival.

The fire caused extensive damage to the fireplace and the chimney.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.

Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...