View Mobile Site
Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal
Friends 2 Follow photo f2f banner_zpsxhrst2or.jpg

Gas leak clears neighborhood

POSTED October 31, 2013 9:37 p.m.

A Turlock neighborhood was briefly evacuated Thursday night because of a gas leak.

A resident coming home accidently clipped a gas meter on S. Tegner Road, which caused the leak and prompted a response from the Turlock Fire and Police departments.

As a safety precaution the fire department evacuated eight people from four homes, said Turlock Fire Department Relief Battalion Chief David Bickle.

The accident was reported around 6:50 p.m. and Pacific Gas and Electric had the gas turned off within 30 minutes and the residents were allowed back into their homes.

No injuries were reported.

Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...