View Mobile Site
Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal
Friends 2 Follow photo f2f banner_zpsxhrst2or.jpg

Fire chars Turlock duplex

Fire chars Turlock duplex

Firefighters work to extinguish a fire in a duplex on Hawkeye Avenue on Saturday.


POSTED January 22, 2018 11:58 a.m.

A cooking fire on a stove accidentally ignited a fire that damaged a Turlock duplex and displaced one resident, the Turlock Fire Department reported.

A short time after 10 a.m. Saturday the fire department was dispatched to the 500 block of Hawkeye Avenue for a report of a working structure fire.

An off-duty Turlock firefighter and a passerby were able to assist the occupant and pets to a safe location prior to the arrival of fire crews. All other tenants made it out safely.

The first crews to arrive at the scene found a moderate amount of smoke coming from the attic and the front of the duplex.

Firefighters advanced an attack hose line and made rapid extinguishment of the fire, preventing it from spreading into the adjoining unit, said Turlock Fire spokesman Capt. Kevin Tidwell. Firefighters also made a search of the duplex to ensure everyone had gotten out safely.

There were no injuries reported. The fire and smoke damaged one duplex significantly, causing one resident to be displaced.

The Turlock Fire Department responded with the Fire Chief, one division chief, one battalion chief, Squad 32 and three engine companies for a total of 15 personnel.
Ceres Fire assisted on-scene with one battalion chief and one engine company contributing four additional personnel. Turlock Rural Fire District provided city coverage during the incident. Other assisting agencies included Turlock Police Department, AMR, Turlock Irrigation District and PG&E.

Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...