View Mobile Site
Text Size: Smaller Larger Normal
Friends 2 Follow photo f2f banner_zpsxhrst2or.jpg

Woman burned by leaky lighter

POSTED February 20, 2018 1:48 p.m.

Fluid leaking from a lighter ignited a fire that severely burned a woman Saturday afternoon, the Turlock Fire Department reported.

The burns were severe enough that the fire department called for an air ambulance to transport the injured woman to a hospital specializing in burn injuries.

The woman was in Central Park in downtown Turlock around 4:15 p.m. Saturday and was holding a lighter that leaked lighter fluid onto her shirt and hands, according to the fire department. When the lighter was sparked, it ignited the fluid on the woman’s hands.

The fire department and emergency medical technicians arrived at the scene and treated her burns, before accessing she needed additional treatment at a specialized facility. The air ambulance landed a few blocks away on Golden State Boulevard.



Commenting is not available.

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share
Commenting not available.

Please wait ...