The Stanislaus County Civil Grand Jury for the 2012-2013 session will be sworn in at 8:30 a.m. July 2 In Department 8 of the Stanislaus County Superior Court.
The selection process for the civil grand jury began with a pool of 46 applicants. Of those, 30 have been notified to attend the swearing in ceremony, where 23 names will be drawn randomly to fill the spots.
The first 19 names will comprise the 2012-2013 Civil Grand Jury panel, and the remaining four names will be designated as alternates. An alternate serves if a regular grand juror resigns or is removed.
The Civil Grand Jury members serve for one fiscal year and all are required to attend a two-day training session sponsored by the California Grand Jury Association, a not-for-profit educational organization.
Grand juries in California can issue indictments; issue accusations for malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance against public officers; and investigate government agencies.
The 2012-2013 Stanislaus County Civil Grand Jury candidates are:
• Lynn Apland of Patterson
• Antonio A. Belarmino of Turlock
• Carl Blevins of Riverbank
• Patricia A. Carroll of Salida
• Sandra C. Cash of Modesto
• Jeffrey M. Chapman, III of Turlock
• Rex R. Cline, Jr. of Modesto
• Joseph S. Collins of Modesto
• Anthony R. Delgado of Modesto
• Thomas J. Douglas of Modesto
• Carlos G. Fierros of Patterson
• Christopher M. Fuzie of Modesto
• Eudith A. Hendrix of Ceres
• John W. Huey of Modesto
• Howard Grieshaber of Modesto
• Sarah L. Hatfield of Oakdale
• Randle B. Hawke of Hughson
• Richard W. Jacobs of Modesto
• Paul V. Kantro of Modesto
• Alex P. Kiehl of Turlock
• Curtis W. Lineberger of Oakdale
• Marsden L. Lytle of Modesto
• Judy L. Navarro of Modesto
• Samuel H. Newnam of Modesto
• Joanne M. Perry of Ceres
• Larry A. Reberg of Modesto
• Eddie O. Smith of Modesto
• Pamela A. Sudaria of Oakdale
• Mark Vanlerberghe of Modesto
• John N. Yazel of Modesto