Two Turlock students’ artwork is featured in the 2018 Healthy Air Living Kids’ Calendar, a bilingual, full-color wall calendar just released by the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District.
Turlock Junior High School student Karina Romero’s drawing of a car driving down the road with the message “Keep it cool and carpool to school” is the artwork for the month of January.
Brown Elementary School student Althea Mumford’s drawing of a car in front of a restaurant with the message “When you go out to eat take a seat!” can be seen on the back cover as an honorable mention.
The annual educational calendar showcases original works of art chosen from hundreds of entries by children in each of the eight counties that make up the Valley Air District. The creative and colorful drawings illustrate a monthly clean-air message in both English and Spanish, such as “Switch to an electric car!”
Students selected for the 2018 calendar include Celeste Torres, a Clovis eighth grader, whose intricate detailed drawing graces the calendar cover, as well as:
· Grace Fairbanks, 1st grade, San Joaquin County
· Jorge Zepeda, 1st grade, Tulare County
· Carolina Hernandez Arzola, 1st grade, Tulare County
· Arianna Diaz, 3rd grade, Tulare County
· Althea Mumford, 4th grade, Stanislaus County
· Karina Romero, 7th grade, Stanislaus County
· Evelyn Dominguez, 8th grade, Kern County
· Daniel Ward, 8th grade, Merced County
· Evan Forcey, 8th grade, Fresno County
· Paris Saray, 8th grade, Kings County
· Leslie Servin Paramo, 9th grade, Merced County
· Grace Gorans, 9th grade, Madera County
· Nisdhely Anahí Bojorquez Rodriguez, 11th grade, Merced County
· Ashton Freeland, 11th grade, Madera County
The calendars are distributed to schools, community groups, healthcare facilities, churches, civic organizations and non-profit groups as well as individuals requesting one throughout the Valley. The District prints 20,000 copies of the popular, free publication, which promotes Healthy Air Living throughout the year.
The 2018 calendars can be reserved, while supplies last, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and can be picked up in any District office. In Modesto, the district office is located at 4800 Enterprise Way.