Since its 2007 founding, Turlock's Development Collaborative Advisory Committee has lived life two years at a time, with temporary extension after temporary extension keeping the DCAC active.
On Tuesday, the Turlock City Council will consider making the DCAC a permanent, nine-member committee at a special, 6 p.m. joint meeting.
The DCAC, tasked with improving the business climate for Turlock developers and businesses, has made recommendations on city parking policies, capital facility fees, construction requirements, entitlements, and the building division appeal process in the past year alone. The DCAC also makes recommendations on improving customer service, and attracting businesses and economic development to Turlock.
The council will also consider accepting the DCAC's annual report for 2011 during the joint meeting.
On Tuesday, the Turlock City Council is also expected to:
• Formally support the extension of a 1/8 cent sales tax, benefiting the Stanislaus County Library. The tax, which accounts for more than 70 percent of the library's budget, is up for renewal on the June 5 ballot.
• Formally support and participate in the development of a sustainable community strategy. The strategy, which states how the county will reduce greenhouse gas emissions, is required by state law.
• Hear a presentation on Love Turlock, an effort to beautify Turlock scheduled for April 28.
• Release $17,000 to the Carnegie Arts Center Foundation. After that release, the City of Turlock will retain only $28,789 of an initial $600,000 donation, with the remainder relinquished to the Carnegie Arts Center Foundation.
Those funds were intended to be returned to the foundation, should construction costs be entirely funded by other revenue sources.
• Appoint two members to the RDA Successor Agency Oversight Board. This issue has been delayed from the past two Turlock City Council meetings.
The Turlock City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Yosemite Room of Turlock City Hall, 156 S. Broadway. The meeting will be preceded by a 6 p.m. special, joint council meeting with the Development Collaborative Advisory Committee.