The Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors has put out a call for volunteers to serve the county’s numerous boards and commissions.
Subject matter reviewed by the boards ranges from mental health to libraries, waste removal, and airport uasage.
Many of the vacancies are specifically reserved for residents of District 2, which includes Turlock, Hughson and Hickman. Other vacancies are either open to the entire county, or require specific qualifications.
For more information on the vacancies, or for an application, visit http://www.stancounty.com/board/boards-commissions.shtm or call 525-4494.
Boards with vacancies, either specific to District 2 or at-large:
· Advisory Board on Substance Abuse Programs (Two openings)
· Keyes Fire Protection District
· Mental Health Board
· Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District
· Stanislaus County Animal Advisory Board (one District 2 opening, one at-large opening)
· Stanislaus County Parks & Recreation Commission
· Tuolumne River Regional Park Citizens Advisory Committee
· Turlock Rural Fire Protection District
· 49-99 Library System Lay Advisory Board
· Assessment Appeals Board (One CPA and one Attorney)
· Child Abuse Prevention Council of Stanislaus County (Call 558-2517 for qualifications)
· Emergency Medical Services Committee (One Managed Care representative, one rural city administrator, and one non-district hospital administrator)
· Fire Code Board of Appeals
· In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee (Four consumer representatives and one provider representative)
· Nuisance Abatement Hearing Board
Regional Advisory Committee of the Mountain-Valley Emergency Medical Services Agency (Two openings, call 529-5085 for qualifications)
· Stanislaus Child Development Local Planning Council (One Public Agency, one discretionary, one consumer, and one community representative)
· Stanislaus County Airport Land Use Commission
· Stanislaus County Equal Rights Commission
· Stanislaus County Agricultural Advisory Board (One resource conservation district representative)
· Stanislaus County Hazardous Waste Management Advisory Committee (One agricultural industry representative)
· Stanislaus County Local Task Force on Solid Waste Management (One community based organization representative)
· State Council on Developmental Disabilities, Area Board 6 (One at-large representative, one person with a developmental disability)