The City of Turlock’s Leaf Pickup Program began on Nov. 5 and will end for the year on Feb. 8. Turlock residents are encouraged to use their green, organic waste cart provided by Turlock Scavenger for leaves and garden refuse. Any remaining leaves that will not fit into the green cart may be placed in the street for collection.
Please remember the following before placing leaves out for collection:
· - Leaf piles must be placed 18 inches from the curb in loose piles, not bagged.
· - Tree limbs should not be placed in the leaf piles.
· - Do not park vehicles in front of your residence in any location that will prevent access to leaf collection on the day prior to your scheduled pickup day, on the day of, or the day after your scheduled pickup day. This will allow for more flexibility within the schedule.
· - Remember to use your green cart first.
· - The City is divided into 10 zones for collection scheduling. Make-up days will be held on Fridays.
If you have questions regarding the leaf pick-up schedule, or would like more information, visit the Parks, Recreation & Public Facilities Maintenance department’s webpage at www.cityofturlock.org/leafpickup or call (209) 668-5594. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.
CONSERVATION TIP #161
Free recycling totes for multi-family residences: The City of Turlock offers free recycling totes for multi-family residents to separate recyclables from the trash. This program is on a first come first served basis and the City has a limited supply of totes. For more information on how to obtain recycling totes for your tenants, call Municipal Services at (209) 668-5590.