The empowHER Virtual Lounge has partnered with Women’s Education and Leadership League, Studio V, and Signe Darpirian to bring wellness, finances and mental health in the forefront of things to discuss. The empowHER Lounge is dedicated to inspiring young women to not only empower themselves, but also those around them by cultivating empowerment and confidence.
“With the recent pandemic among us, many of us need various resources to turn to, especially on the topic of mental health,” said Adrenna Alkhas, spokesperson for the Stanislaus County Fair. “The virtual lounge topics we have chosen are topics that many of us are struggling with. This virtual lounge is for all, not just women, we want to be inclusive for all.”
Alkhas created the lounge with the mentality of teaching young women how to support and nurture one another instead of subduing to the female norm of consistently competing and comparing. Setting such a tone will undeniably yield successful leaders of the future. Through informative and interactive workshops, the empowHER Virtual Lounge will be able to support this goal.
“Although many Fairs are postponed, we still want to be relevant in education as much as possible for our community and this is another avenue,” said Alkhas.
Guests who sign up through the Fair’s website for the virtual lounge will receive giveaways after attending the sessions.
Topics and times are as follow:
1. Girl, Get off your couch – 10 a.m.
· Self-Care Morning Pilates with Victoria Popoff.
2. Girl, Take care of your mental health and get off that diet roller coaster- 11 a.m.
· All Fare is Fair with Signe Darpinian, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist.
3. Girl, Know your (net) worth- Money Therapy Session- 12 p.m.
· Building Financial Confidence with Alana Scott
4. Girl, stop being complacent- 1 p.m.
· Evolving through Obstacles- Afternoon coffee talk with Adrenna Alkhas
· Guest appearance: Atina Alkhas, owner Tee Koffee, who will show how to make Assyrian coffee and how to tell your future with the coffee residue.
To sign up for the sessions and to learn more detailed information go to the Fair’s website at http://stancofair.com/empowher-lounge/ to register for FREE.
The mission of the empowHER Lounge is geared towards inspiring young girls to be great leaders in our community. Giving girls the confidence to be themselves through workshops and giving them the skills needed to empower others as much as empowering themselves.