A pool chemical supplier accidently pumped acid into the chlorine tank at the Turlock High Pool on Tuesday, prompting the evacuation of nearby classrooms.
Turlock High officials contacted the Turlock Fire Department around 1 p.m. Tuesday after a scheduled delivery of hydrochloric acid and chlorine had accidently mixed.
The Turlock Fire Department responded to the scene and later contacted the Stanislaus County Department of Environmental Resources which assisted in decontaminating the area.
No students were injured during this incident, however, the delivery driver was transported to a nearby hospital for a precautionary evaluation.
According to school officials, students were evacuated from classrooms adjacent to the pool and a safety perimeter was set up to prevent people from walking into the contaminated area.
School dismissal occurred at the regular time.