The Turlock City Council recognized the retirement of City Clerk Rhonda Greenlee on Tuesday night. Greenlee has been working for the City of Turlock since 1991, and her retirement will be effective on Dec. 29. A reception was held at City Hall in Greenlee's honor.
"She's probably the hardest working employee we've ever had in administrative services," said Mayor John Lazar.
Greenlee was also recognized by the City Clerks Association of California for her service on the central division board. She served as treasurer from 2002 to 2010. She attained the highest certification that a city clerk can receive in California.
Greenlee presided over the swearing-in of her replacement, current Deputy City Clerk Kellie Weaver, at the meeting. Weaver took the oath on Tuesday, but has been serving in the capacity of city clerk for several months. She thanked Greenlee for all of her guidance during the transition.
"I just want to tell you from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You prepared me well," Weaver said.
On Tuesday, the council also:
• Reappointed Jeff Hillberg to the Planning Commission, and reappointed Bella Daniel and Steven Nascimento to the Parks, Recreation and Facilities Commission. Parks Commissioner Desiree Silva, whose term is also expiring, is not seeking reappointment.
• Received a briefing on economic development business models for the Turlock Municipal Airport from California State University, Stanislaus Masters of Public Administration students.
• Heard staff updates on the Business Incentive Program, which presented a $500 check to Accurate Family Dental, and the Christmas parade.
• Finalized an ordinance amendment to increase the minimum height of trees overhanging public streets, alleys, and sidewalks to at least 16 feet but no more than 20 feet, so as to accommodate tall city vehicles. Sidewalks now require a clearance of at least 7 feet and no more than 10 feet.
All property owners and tenants are now required to maintain trees on their property to meet these standards, per city code.
• Conducted an annual performance review of City Manager Roy Wasden in closed session.
To contact Andrea Goodwin, e-mail agoodwin@ turlockjournal.com or call 634-9141 ext. 2003.