The Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters is holding a series of voter education workshops in nine cities, including Turlock. Workshops will cover options to cast a ballot in future elections and questions regarding voter registration, vote by mail and the election process.
“Voters have many questions, and this is a chance for them to get answers and have hands-on experience with voting accessibility equipment and the Remote Accessible Vote by Mail application,” said Maria Rocha, Stanislaus County Elections Manager.
The Turlock workshop will be held at 6 p.m. Jan. 11 at the Turlock Library Community Room, 550 N. Minaret Ave.
Other workshop dates and locations are:
· Jan. 6 at St. Frances of Rome Catholic Church, 2827 Topeka St., Riverbank
· Jan. 12 at Waterford Community Center, 540 C St., Waterford
· Jan. 18 at L.J. Newman Memorial Building, 649 Orestimba Rd., Newman
· Jan. 19 at Stanislaus Veterans Center Banquet Hall, 3500 Coffee Rd., Modesto
· Jan. 25 at Ceres American Legion Hall, 2609 Lawrence St., Ceres
· Jan. 31 at Gene Bianchi Community Center, 110 S. 2nd St., Oakdale
· Feb. 1 at Hughson Community Senior Center, 2307 4th St., Hughson
· Feb. 8 at City Hall Board Chambers, 1 Plaza, Patterson
All workshops will begin at 6 p.m. For questions about the workshops, call (209) 525-5200.