What is household hazardous waste? Combustible or flammable materials, corrosive materials, reactive materials and toxic materials are all considered hazardous waste. Hazardous waste can be harmful to people, animals and the environment if not disposed of properly.
Some things to look for when disposing hazardous waste:
· Read the labels for proper storage and disposal.
· Find a drop off location.
· Keep materials in their original packaging.
· Never mix products.
· Make sure products are in a sealed container.
· Transport materials in the trunk or bed of a truck, never inside the vehicle.
For more information contact Municipal Services at (209) 668-5590 or visit the City of Turlock website at www.CityofTurlock.org. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.
To receive a more comprehensive breakdown of hazardous materials please refer to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) website at www.epa.gov. A local drop off location for hazardous waste is Stanislaus County Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at 1710 Morgan Rd, Modesto, 209-525-6700.