Warm weather can trigger increased energy usage. We’ve all heard of setting your air conditioner thermostat at 78° or higher, but did you know every degree above that setting can provide savings up to approximately 2% of cooling costs. Below are some additional tips that will help make your home more energy efficient and will save on the piggy bank.
· Avoid using oven on hot days. Instead, use stove top, microwave or grill outside.
· Clear the area around your air conditioner vents to ensure the best possible ventilation.
· If possible, enjoy an afternoon by the pool, park or visit your local library.
· Wait until cooler times of the day to do tasks that make your house warmer, such as laundry or cooking.
· Turn on ceiling fans when using air conditioner. By doing so, you can raise your thermostat about four degrees.
For questions, contact Municipal Services at (209) 668-5590 or visit the City of Turlock website at: www.CityofTurlock.org. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.
LEDs are the ultimate energy saver: LEDs are very energy efficient and cheap too. Lights in our homes and offices should be replaced with LEDs to conserve energy.