— On Nov. 28, the Turlock Fire Department celebrated four promotions within their ranks.
Capt. Steven Kramer and Capt. Nick Howe were both promoted to the rank of captain; and Andy Lewellan and Andru Diniz, were both promoted to Engineer.
— A Turlock residence had to be evacuated on Nov. 24, when a gas leak was detected, the Turlock Fire Department reported.
At 2:48 p.m. the fire department was dispatched to a neighborhood in the area of Lial Court and Edgewater Drive after receiving a call reporting the odor of natural gas in the area.
The department’s gas monitor had positive readings from the cracks in the street and the sewer, according to the fire department.
The residents in the area reported they had been smelling the gas odor for the last two days.
Pacific Gas and Electric came to the scene and found gas readings at the electrical panel of a home, which was then ordered evacuated. PG&E found a subterranean natural gas leak and the gas had migrated down Lial Court and Edgewater Drive, coming up through the pipes and cracks.
PG&E removed the sewer covers to vent the gas and Turlock Irrigation District secured the power to the area. The gas levels began to drop and the fire units were all cleared from the scene.
— The Turlock Fire Department responded to a working structure fire around 3 p.m. on Monday in the 1000 block of Fifth Street.
Multiple units and engines responded to the scene and found heavy smoke coming from the attic vents.
The fire was burning significantly in the kitchen and was quickly attacked by the fire personnel. The fire caused damage to the kitchen and the bathroom.
No injuries were reported from the fire.