Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder and Registrar of Voters Donna Linder has scheduled a Virtual Candidate Workshop in preparation for the November Presidential General Election.
The purpose of the candidate workshop is to discuss the candidate guide, filing deadlines and documents related to filing for candidacy.
The candidate workshop is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday via Skype meeting. To confirm attendance, contact Candidate Services at 209-525-5237.
Local offices up for election include:
· City of Turlock Council member for Districts 2 and 4;
· City of Turlock Treasurer;
· Stanislaus County Board of Education Areas 3 and 4;
· Chatom Union School District Areas 3 and 4;
· Denair Unified School District (3 seats);
· Keyes Union School District Areas 1 and 4;
· Turlock Unified School District Areas 1, 3, 5 and 7;
· Yosemite Community College District Areas 3,5,6 and 7;
· Denair Community Services District (3 seats);
· Turlock Irrigation District Divisions 1 and 4;
· Denair Municipal Advisory Council (2 seats); and
· Keyes Municipal Advisory Council (3 seats).
The Turlock City Clerk serves as the local elections official and coordinates with the County of Stanislaus in conducting Turlock Municipal Elections.
The City of Turlock candidate nomination period for the Nov. 3, 2020 election begins at 8 a.m. July 13 and ends at 5 p.m. Aug. 7. If an incumbent for one of the offices being voted upon does not file nomination papers by Aug. 7, the nomination period for that office will be extended to 5 p.m. Aug. 12. City Treasurer candidates must be a registered voter in the City of Turlock at the time nomination papers are issued. City Council candidates must be a registered voter in the district of which they reside and are seeking to represent at the time nomination papers are issued. Upon assuming office, candidates must be U.S. citizens and reside in the City (City Treasurer) or in the Council District from which he or she was elected. For more information regarding the nomination period or to schedule an appointment to pull nomination papers and other election-related materials (during the nomination period), contact the Office of the City Clerk at 668-5540. Materials provided to candidates will include information related to election deadlines regarding candidate statements, withdrawals, etc.
Information for candidates interested in other open seats, can find information at: stanvote.com or by calling 209-525-5201.