By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Chimney fire damages home
Placeholder Image

A fire inside a chimney damaged a Turlock residence early Thursday.

The fire was reported at 12:53 a.m. Thursday at 737 Birchwood Way.

The occupants of the home were awoken by their barking dogs and discovered burning embers falling into the living room from the fireplace, according to the Turlock Fire Department.

All the occupants made it out of the home safely.

There was heavy smoke pouring from the chimney when fire fighters arrived. The fire was brought under control with 10 minutes of their arrival.

The fire caused extensive damage to the fireplace and the chimney.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.