Crab-feed season is in full swing, but fear not crab lovers, there are still plenty of crab feeds around the region at which you can chow down on your favorite seafood delicacy.
Here’s a rundown of some of the upcoming crab feeds around the region:
· The Turlock Pentecost Association will hold its annual crab dinner on March 3 at the Turlock Ballroom, 528 N. Golden State Blvd. Seating is limited and no takeout orders are available. The dinner includes cold, marinated crab, clam chowder and garlic bread, plus an open bar. Tickets cost $65. Doors open at 6 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30. For information, contact Michael and Alison Carvalho at 209-765-7354 or Alvaro and Anabela Cabral 209-342-8104. Tickets are limited for this feed so if cold, marinated crab is your thing, you’d better hurry.
· The Turlock Sunrise Rotary Crab Fest will be held on March 4 at 6 p.m. at the Larsa Banquet Hall, 2107 E. Monte Vista Ave., Denair. The menu features cold crab, pesto pasta, garlic bread, dessert and wine. An eight-person table can be purchased for $750 (only three remain). Today is the last day to purchase platinum (24 attendees), gold (16 attendees) and silver (eight attendees) sponsorships. For tickets, visit turlock-sunrise-rotary.betterworld.org.
· The Newman FFA Ag Boosters will hold their annual crab feed on March 11 at the FDES Portuguese Hall, 1357 R St., Newman. Tickets are $75 and dinner includes crab, ravioli, salad and bread. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. and dinner is served at 6:30. Contact any Newman FFA student, ag advisor or ag booster for ticket information.
· Sacred Heart School in Turlock will hold its annual cioppino and crab dinner on March 18 at the Turlock Pentecost Association Hall, 528, N. Golden State Blvd. Tickets cost $75 and a table for 10 can be reserved for $750. Doors open at 5:30 and dinner is served at 6. The meal includes cioppino, crab, clam chowder and an open bar. An auction will also be held. For tickets, call 209-634-7787. There’s a limited number of tickets remaining for this dinner.
· The Warrior Athletics Crab Feed 2023 will be held March 18 at Fitzpatrick Arena on the campus of Stanislaus State, 1 University Circle. The menu includes crab, salad, pasta, and bread. There will also be silent and live auctions, music, beer and wine. Proceeds benefit the Warrior Athletics Scholarship Fund. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6. Tickets cost $80. A table for 10, which includes sponsor recognition and a glass of wine for each guest, can be reserved for $1,000. A table for 10, which includes a hosted bar, sponsor recognition and electronic logo recognition, can be reserved for $2,000. The deadline to purchase tickets is March 10. For information, contact Charlene Bargas at 209-667-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or purchase tickets online at universityevents.csustan.edu/e/athletics-crab-feed.
· The City Ministry Crab Feed will be held March 18 at Tuolumne River Lodge, 2429 River Road, Modesto. This one, however, is for guests 21 and older. Tickets are $75 for a dinner that includes crab, trip-tip, pasta, salad and bread. Cocktail hour begins at 5:30 p.m. and dinner is served at 6:30. If you’re interested in a table sponsorship, email email@example.com. To purchase tickets, visit cityministrynetwork.org and click on “events” and then click the RSVP button.