By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Cut oxygen hose sparks fire in Turlock business
Placeholder Image

A severed oxygen hose ignited a blaze inside a commercial structure in Turlock Monday afternoon.

There were no injuries reported from the fire and the Turlock Fire Department was able to bring it under control quickly and keep it from spreading through the structure.

The fire was reported at 1:58 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of S. Kilroy Road.

The Turlock Fire Department responded with one division chief, one battalion chief, three engine companies, and one Squad Company for a total of 14 personnel.

The first firefighters at the scene found smoke coming from the building and employees trying to tamp down the flames around some of the machinery. The firefighters were able to trace the flames back to a severed oxygen line, said Turlock Fire spokesperson Kevin Tidwell.

Crews were able to discontinue the flow of oxygen at the supply tank and then quickly extinguished the fire.

The Ceres Fire Department and Turlock Rural Fire District assisted with city coverage during the incident.