By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Goodwill industry moves to new, nearby location
The new Goodwill location offers local shoppers a brighter interior complete with the offerings found at the previous location that includes new and used items from clothing to DVDs.

Name: Goodwill

Type of Business: Retail

Location: 677 Golden State Boulevard

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Saturday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Sunday: 10 7 p.m.

Contact Information:

History of Business: For locals shopping on a budget or the younger crowd scouring for trendy items at discounted prices, Goodwill has long been a go-to store for a diverse crowd of shoppers. This month the Turlock staple store will be receiving a 'face lift' as it moves to a new location within the same shopping center on Golden State Boulevard that will provide a more convenient experience for shoppers and employees alike.

"This was a great opportunity for us to modernize and update our store and it's really a new, brighter space from the floor up," said Director of Marketing, Sally Wooden.

Goodwill is a store that offers a variety of items from kitchen supplies to outfit accessories, 90 percent of which have been donated with the other 10 percent bought brand new for customers. The store is doing more than moving to a new building, as it boasts new lighting, register systems, fixtures, signs, as well as merchandise, much of which is donated by local community members. With an expanded drop off space in the back of the building that makes donating more convenient for community members, the Goodwill store intends to keep offering the Turlock community quality items at affordable prices.

"We have real longevity at this store with employees that have worked here for a long time so it is nice for them, as well as the customers, to have a more improved space in which to work," said Wooden.

Goodwill is planning a grand opening celebration for Aug. 16 and 17 with doors opening at 9 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday. The event will be marked by 30 percent discounts on all merchandise plus free gifts with purchase for the first 100 shoppers each day.

Goodwill will also be hiring for around four positions between the new Golden State Boulevard location and the Tegner Road location. Interested applicants can apply at

Business Specialty: New and used affordable clothing and home goods.