2014 Seminar Schedule:
· Saturday: Seed Starting, 10 a.m., $3 per person
· Saturday: Make & Take Farmyard Fairy Garden, 1:30 p.m., $40 per container
· Sept. 13: Make & Take Tiered Succulent Planter, 10 a.m., $55 per container
· Sept. 20: Make & Take Infusing Olive Oil, 10 a.m., $18 per person
· Sept. 20: Selecting, Planting & Caring for Perennials, 1:30 p.m., $3 per person
· Sept. 23: Dressing Your Fall Tabletop, 6 p.m., $3 per person
· Sept. 27: Make & Take Halloween Fairy Garden, 10 a.m., $40 per container
· Oct. 4: Fall & Winter Veggie Garden featuring Kale, 10 a.m., $4 per person
· Oct. 11: Reducing Water Use with Desert Adapted Plants (time & price to be confirmed)
· Oct. 11: Make & Take Lettuce Bowl (time & price to be confirmed)
· Oct. 18: Cooking from the Pantry (time & price to be confirmed)
· Nov. 22: Winter Fruit Tree Care (time & price to be confirmed)
· Dec. 6: Make & Take Christmas Fairy Garden (time & price to be confirmed)
Fall marks a special time for local nursery The Greenery. It's the time of year when the business invites garden enthusiasts to learn more about everything from making a fairy garden to winter fruit tree care in a series of seminars that start Saturday and run weekly through the beginning of December.
"We always look forward to our Fall Seminar series. We enjoy opening up our doors to educate our customers on how they can enhance their gardens and think outside the box. Our seminar series tend to be very popular and a special time of year for the Greenery," said The Greenery owner Jay DeGraff.
The series will begin with two seminars on Saturday. The morning event will feature successful seed starting for fall and winter gardens. The Greenery's Adria Afferino will offer tips on starting cool season veggies from seed like broccolini, a little known veggie that can be grown in close quarters in the ground or in containers. Once they get started, broccolini will produce through spring.
The afternoon event will be a make and take farmyard fairy garden. Fairy gardens are miniature gardens complete with structures and living plants that can be tended year-round. The $40 sign up fee for this seminar includes a container, soil, plant material and $25 credit for more mini garden accessories from the store.
Seats are limited for these popular events and prior registration is required to allow for planning. Register in store or online at www.greenerynsy.com/events.