The final 2014 budget will be the focus of the Turlock Irrigation District Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday morning, following several weeks of reviewing each department's individual financial plans. The meeting will also mark the final TID Board of Directors meeting for 2013.
The resolution approving the TID 2014 budget, presented by Chief Financial Officer Joe Malaski, will also include schedules of other charges for the coming calendar year for Electric Services, Materials and Services, and Damaged Meter Charges.
The board will also consider amending the managerial, supervisory, professional and confidential employees salary and benefits resolution, which will be effective starting Dec. 10.
During the meeting, a group of TID representatives will be appointed to various associations, agencies, authorities and committees, including the Association of California Water Agencies, the American Public Power Association, the California Transmission Planning Group, the Don Pedro Recreation Agency Board of Control, the Drinking Water Committee, the Northern California Power Agency, the San Joaquin River Group Authority, and several others.
On Tuesday, the Board of Directors is also expected to:
• Receive reports on power and water;
• Designate authorized agents to engage with the California Emergency Management Agency regarding grants applied for by the district and directing said agents to execute for and on behalf of the district all matters pertaining to such state disaster assistance the assurances and agreements required;
• Approve the revisions to the TID Investment Policy and delegation of the authority to the Treasurer to perform investment activity on behalf of the TID;
• Approve revisions to the TID Electric Service Rules, effective Jan.1, 2014;
• Amend the TID job classification manual.
The TID Board of Directors will meet at 9 a.m. on Tuesday at the TID Main Office Building located at 333 E. Canal Dr.