By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Turlock Fire contains kitchen fire
kitchen fire

A stove top fire left a Turlock kitchen charred, but Turlock firefighters were able to keep it from spreading to the rest of the home.

The fire was reported just before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Georgetown Avenue.

Upon arrival, units found a fire on the stove top that had extended to the surrounding area.

The first crews on scene were able to quickly bring the fire under control.

Turlock Fire units remained on scene for an extended period of time conducting suppression and overhaul, said Turlock Fire spokesman Capt. Jason Bernard.

The damage was estimated at $70,000.