The Turlock Fire Department responded to 152 incidents between Aug. 12-18.
● There were six fire calls, including two vehicle, one grass, one trash, one landfill and one cooking. The average response time for the fire calls was four minutes and 38 seconds. The total loss from these fires was estimated at $21,602.
● There were 119 Emergency Medical Services and rescue incidents. Among those were 22 calls for medical assistance and 94 for all types of EMS calls, except vehicle collisions. The fire department responded to three vehicle collisions with injuries reported. The average response time for EMS calls was four minutes and 55 seconds.
● There was one call regarding hazardous conditions, which was a power line down.
● There were 13 calls for service. Among them were nine calls to assist invalids, and two public service assistance calls. The average response time for service calls was five minutes.
● There were five good intent calls, meaning the call was either canceled enroute or no incident found on arrival.
● There were eight false calls, including two for a malfunctioning smoke alarm and one for a faulty carbon dioxide detector. There was one false alarm call and two calls in which a smoke detector was activated, but no fire.