By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Details of murder-suicide at Turlock home remain scarce
Sarkis Babakhan, Rozmary Babakhan, Rodney Bowman, who also went by the name of Radni Babakhan, and Robert Babakhan were all found dead in the 3000 block of Red Oak Court June 26. - photo by Photo Contributed

The details surrounding the deaths of four individuals found inside a Turlock home last week remain a mystery as detectives continue their investigation.

Four individuals — a woman and three men — were found dead inside a home in the 3000 block of Red Oak Court on the night of June 26. The discovery was made by a relative who was worried because she had not seen or heard from the family residing there for some time.

The Turlock Police Department has not officially released the names of the four individuals found inside the home, however they did say the individuals found in the home matched the physical descriptions of those known to reside at the residence. Family members have released a photograph of the family and family friends have identified them as 70-year-old Sarkis Babakhan and his wife 69-year-old Rozmary Babakhan, and their sons, 39-year-old Rodney Bowman and 42-year-old Robert Babakhan. Bowman previously went by the name of Radni Babakhan.

The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office has only confirmed Bowman’s identity and is awaiting dental records to confirm the other three individuals.

Investigators suspect the deaths were a result of a murder-suicide, though they have not stated who was murdered and who died by suicide. They have also not released any information about the cause of death for the four family members.

“Investigators are still actively investigating trying to determine circumstances,” said Turlock Police Sgt. Stephen Webb.

Webb stated investigators are waiting on the coroner’s official identification and toxicology results.

The four individuals were discovered in various areas of the home and police suspect they had been dead more than 24 hours prior to their bodies being found.

The relative who found the bodies reported an odor of gas in the home and investigators donned gas masks upon their entry and several hours later. The Turlock Fire Department was brought into the investigation because there is an element of arson, according to the police department.