Turlock High School will have a new bell schedule beginning Jan. 3, 2022, which will include the addition of a Bulldog Community Support period for each student. The purpose of the new period is to give students a mental break and autonomy on how to use their time.
The start and end time has not changed with zero period starting at 7 a.m. and 6th period ending at 2:51 pm. The support period will take place after the second period from 10:02-10:21 a.m. Student classroom assignments will be issued by students’ 2nd period teachers on Jan. 3 prior to the period beginning.
“We look forward to a period without any academic pressures, but a student may definitely use this time to study, work on school work or take a mental break,” said Principal Gabe Ontiveros. “Teachers will also have the opportunity to build on classroom community activities that emphasizes a positive school culture.”
Some ways students may be able to use the period:
· Build connections and relationships with a trusted adult.
· Engage with fellow students outside of the academic environment and grade level to address social-emotional needs.
· Participate and build school culture and establish friendships with community team building activities.
· View daily announcements/bulletins (e.g. “Turlock Today”).
· Study/complete school work.
· Take a mental break and eat a healthy nutritional snack (e.g. Second Chance Breakfast).
· Uncleared list will be handled at this time.
Students can access their updated schedule on Aeries. Parents or students who have questions can contact the student’s counselor or the school office at 209-667-0791.