By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
City monitors water wasting violations
Broken Sprinkler 4.jpg

The City’s Winter Watering Schedule is still in effect, which limits outdoor watering to only one day per week.  City staff regularly patrols all neighborhoods in Turlock to enforce the watering schedule as well as other water wasting violations.

Water wasting notices are issued for a number of reasons, such as:

·         Watering on the wrong day and/or hours.

·         Watering landscaped areas such that excess water leaves the property/area being watered.

·         Watering landscaped areas while raining and/or within 48 hours following measurable rainfall.

·         Washing vehicles, boats, or equipment during restricted days/hours and/or using a hose without a positive shut-off valve.

·         Hosing down driveways, sidewalks, building exteriors, streets, and/or parking lots.

·         Broken sprinklers, plumbing fixtures or leaky faucets on the premises.

·         Operating evaporated coolers or fountains that are not equipped with a recirculating pump.

 A first violation constitutes as a warning and no penalty is assessed to the customer’s utility account.  For subsequent water wasting violations, customers are issued penalties ranging from $50 to $250.  The City of Turlock allows customers to take an Online Water Conservation Workshop instead of paying their first penalty of $50.  The workshop is free of charge and once successfully completed, the penalty fee will be adjusted off the customer’s utility account.  The workshop can be accessed by visiting the City of Turlock’s website at

For questions or additional information, please contact Municipal Services at 209-668-5590. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.



Only rain down the storm drains: If you have witnessed anything other than rain water entering a storm drain, please report it to the City of Turlock's Municipal Services Department by either calling (209) 668-5590 or filling out the online “Report  Water Pollution” form which can be found at: