The Turlock Fire Department responded to 118 incidents between Aug. 5 and Aug. 11
● There were eight fire calls, including two vehicle, vegetation, and grass fires reported and one trash and cooking fire each. The average response time for the fire calls was five minutes and 26 seconds. The total loss from these fires was estimated at $6,653.
● There were 93 Emergency Medical Services and rescue incidents. Among those were 10 calls for medical assistance and 78 for all types of EMS calls, except vehicle collisions. The fire department responded to two vehicle collisions with injuries reported and three with no injuries reported. The average response time for EMS calls was five minutes and 11 seconds.
● There was one call regarding hazardous conditions, which was a power line down.
● There were six calls for service. Among them were four calls to assist invalids, and two public service assistance calls. The average response time for service calls was six minutes and 25 seconds.
● There were seven good intent calls, meaning the call was either canceled en route or no incident found on arrival.
● There was one call for a malfunctioning smoke alarm and one for a faulty carbon dioxide detector.
● There was one call regarding a citizen complaint.