By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire erupts at Starr apartment complex, again
Fire crews battle blazes Wednesday morning at an apartment complex in the 100 block of Starr Avenue. This was the second fire at the apartment complex in the past five days. - photo by FRANKIE TOVAR / The Journal

For the second time in five days, emergency crews were called to a Turlock apartment complex due to fire.

A fire was reported around 10:12 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Starr Avenue. When crews arrived smoke and flames were seen coming from one of the occupied apartments, said Turlock Fire Marshal Mark Gomez.

No one was injured in the fire, however, four people were displaced from the apartment that was on fire and four people in the adjoining unit which had water damage.

According to Gomez, the fire is believed to have been started by a lit candle.

Four Turlock Fire engines and one Ceres Fire engine were called to the incident, along with a Turlock Battalion Chief, a Ceres Battalion Chief, a Fire Investigator and the Fire Marshal.

On Saturday, a fire was reported at 10:12 a.m.  at the same apartment complex but a different unit. The fire caused extensive damage to the apartment,  which was not occupied according to the property owner, however, many neighbors reported seeing people going in and out of the apartment.

The Red Cross helped 18 people displaced by the fire, while some were allowed to return to their homes later in the afternoon.