By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire reported at Vista apartments
turlock fire truck

A candle ignited a fire at the Vista apartment complex at 900 W. Monte Vista Avenue on July 1.

The candle fire spread to the surrounding contents on the second-floor room and grew up the wall, said Turlock Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jason Bernard.

The fire department ordered the building evacuated until the fire was put out.

Fans were brought in to remove smoke from the building.

No injuries were reported from the fire.

Some residents said they did not hear a fire alarm and only knew of the fire because of the smoke or from text messages.

Bernard said the alarm did sound, but not right away because the fire was fairly small. The fire department did reset the alarm.