By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Unattended cooking pot starts fire
Placeholder Image

A pot left unattended on a stove ignited a fire that charred a kitchen.

The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at a home in the 1000 block of S. Minaret Avenue.

According to the Turlock Fire Department, a woman fell asleep while a pot was heating up on the stove.

The pot ignited a fire that burned the range-top and the adjacent lower cabinets.

The fire was controlled within five minutes.

There were four adults and six children in the home at the time of the fire. According to the fire department, all of the occupants were asleep when the fire started and were awakened by the smoke alarm. No injuries were reported.

The damage from the fire was estimated at $6,500.