By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Wiring ignites fire in Turlock home
Placeholder Image

Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a house fire that caused the displacement of a family from their Turlock home.

The fire was reported around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Drew Avenue.

The Turlock Fire Department firefighters arrived to find all the residents out of the home.

Heavy smoke was coming out of the single-story home. Firefighters utilized thermal imaging cameras to locate a growing fire inside and around the subfloor of the kitchen.
Firefighters utilized tools, including chainsaws, to open up the floor and make access to the active fire in the subfloor. Firefighters then used hose lines to extinguish the fire and contain the fire to kitchen area.

The cause of the fire was traced back to faulty electrical wiring underneath the home.

There were no injuries reported from the incident. The Red Cross was called in to assist the family with temporary shelter.