The Turlock City Council is moving forward with one recommendation by its Ad Hoc Committee on Homelessness by considering approval of a pilot program to provide portable medical and behavioral health care services.
The Council will consider a one-year contract with Community Health Centers of America to provide a full range of medical care and behavioral health services for the Turlock community. CHCA will rotate their location throughout the City on a weekly basis based on a well communicated schedule to ensure services are provided to all segments of the community.
Some of the services CHCA will provide if the recommended agreement is approved include:
· Primary care visit for all recipients.
· Vaccines for those in need such as flu vaccine and other as needed.
· Medication will be ordered and provided through TIN Rx. For anyone without insurance there is no charge. For people with insurance they will be provided needed medication and their copay will be waived.
· A psychiatric nurse practitioner will provide all mental health counseling. If medication is needed, it will be provided through the program.
All services will be provided by a CHCA Nurse Practitioner.
The cost to the City of providing both medical and mental health services will be $450,000 a year, which the Council will consider paying out of American Rescue Plan Act funds for the first year.
On Tuesday, the Council is also expected to:
· Consider approving a second round of Community Events and Activities grants to the following organizations:
o $3,000 for Kitchen for Change Spring Brunch (Turlock Community Theatre)
o $3,000 for Kitchens for Change Fall Brunch (Alix Cox & Company)
o $2,700 for Stan State Softball Tournament of Champions (Assyrian American Civic Club)
o $3,000 for Kappa Sigma Military Hero Car Show (WGAS Motorsports)
o $1,500 for Arrowhead Club 7th annual Basketball Tournament (Assyrian Church of the East)
o $3,000 for Love Turlock
o $1,500 for Kayla Bernardi BEE Positive Fun Run (38th DAA)
o $1,000 for Arrowhead Club – Annual Golf Tournament (WGAS Motorsports)
o $1,500 for Turlock Chaplaincy Fun Run (Assyrian American Civic Club);
· Consider approving an Electric Vehicle Charging Station License Agreement between the City of Turlock and the Turlock Irrigation District to use a portion of three City parking lots — 129 S. Broadway, 251 Crane Avenue and 2400 N. Tegner Rd. — to install, operate, and maintain various electric vehicle chargers;
· Consider endorsing the City Manager’s appointment of Erik Schulze to the position of Public Works Director effective Nov. 4, 2022;
· Consider authorizing use of staff time and City resources to prepare an ordinance that would prohibit former city elected officials, city managers and department directors from lobbying their jurisdiction on specified matters for a period of two years after leaving their office or employment.
For a full list of agendized items for the City Council meeting, visit https://www.cityofturlock.org/government/turlockcitycouncil/councilmeetings.asp
The City Council will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Yosemite Room at City Hall, 156 S. Broadway. All meetings are open to the public and will include a public participation time.