The League of Women Voters Stanislaus County, a nonpartisan political group, is planning a series of educational events for local voters. The events are free and open to the public. The forums give voters the opportunity to meet and hear the candidates in local races and to learn about the ballot propositions. Dates of events, times and location are as follows:
· - Oct. 4, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Explanation of the November ballot’s propositions at Sierra Hall, Room 132, West Campus of Modesto Junior College, 2201 Blue Gum Ave., Modesto.
· - Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. —Candidates for Trustees for Yosemite College Districts 1, 2, 4 and 7 at Forum Bldg., Room 110, East Campus of Modesto Junior College, 435 College Ave., Modesto.
· - Oct. 10, 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. —Candidates for County Supervisor Districts 3 and 4 and candidates for County Superintendent of Schools at the Stanislaus County/City of Modesto Chambers, 1010 Tenth St., Modesto.
· - Oct. 11, 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. — Candidates for Turlock’s City Council and Mayor at the Walnut Elementary Education Center, 4219 N. Walnut Ave., Turlock (in partnership with the AAUW Turlock/Modesto Branch).
· - Oct. 16, 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. — Candidates for member of the California State Assembly District 12 and candidates for District Attorney of Stanislaus County at Stanislaus County/City of Modesto Chambers, 1010 Tenth St., Modesto.
For more information about these events, visit: www.lwvstanislaus.org