By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Gas leak clears neighborhood
Placeholder Image

A Turlock neighborhood was briefly evacuated Thursday night because of a gas leak.

A resident coming home accidently clipped a gas meter on S. Tegner Road, which caused the leak and prompted a response from the Turlock Fire and Police departments.

As a safety precaution the fire department evacuated eight people from four homes, said Turlock Fire Department Relief Battalion Chief David Bickle.

The accident was reported around 6:50 p.m. and Pacific Gas and Electric had the gas turned off within 30 minutes and the residents were allowed back into their homes.

No injuries were reported.