By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Kitchen fire re-ignites in attic of Turlock home
Placeholder Image

A kitchen fire that residents believed had been put out re-ignited Friday night, causing damage to the attic of the Turlock home, the Turlock Fire Department reported.

The fire was reported at 11:53 p.m. Friday at a home in the 600 block of Angelus Street. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke inside the attic of the residence and started an offense attack, according to the fire department.

The firefighters were able to contain the fire to a small portion of the attic. The electricity to the home did need to be turned off. There was damage to the attic space above the kitchen, however, firefighters were able to control the smoldering fire fairly quickly.

The fire investigator determined that a previous kitchen exhaust fan fire earlier in the night contributed to this fire re-kindling later on that night. The residents believed the previous fire had been fully extinguished and never reported it to the fire department.

“It is imperative to report all fires to the fire department no matter the size to ensure that the fire has been fully extinguished,” said Turlock Fire Chief Robert Talloni.

There were no injuries reported from the fire.

In all, three Engines, one Truck, and one Battalion Chief from Turlock Fire along with an Engine and Battalion Chief from the Modesto Ceres Stanislaus Consolidated Turlock partners. Ceres Fire responded to the incident, for a total of 17 firefighters. Turlock Rural Fire provided city coverage and responded to an emergency medical incident while all Turlock City resources were committed on the scene.