Central California Conference
Turlock 8, Pitman 1
1. Britney Leon (P) d. Ashley Gomez 6-3, 6-4
2. Natalia Lima (T) d. Michi Kirihara 6-1, 6-1
3. Taylor Olson (T) d. Bri Perez 7-6 (3), 6-0
4. Camille Stiles (T) d. Julia Harris 6-1, 6-1
5. Jillian Temple (T) d. Preet Hayer 6-4, 6-0
6. Katrina Santiago (T) d. Taylor Zavala 6-1, 6-4
1. Lizete Duarte/Jenna Anderson (T) d. Gabby Khasha/Bree Wheeler 7-5, 6-4
2. Ana Viss/Kayla Machado (T) d. Barbara Beasley/Macenzie Nordahl 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
3. Nina Thompson/Madeline Hillis (T) d. Rashel Pritchard/Salley Acosta 6-4, 6-4
CCC records: Turlock 5-0; Pitman 3-2.
The Turlock High girls tennis team wants another Central California Conference title, and not even crosstown rival Pitman High could stop the Bulldogs.
Turlock won Tuesday’s meeting by capturing eight of the nine matches at the Pitman High tennis courts. The Bulldogs, who won all of their doubles matches and five of their six singles matches, remain in control of the league standings with a 5-0 record.
Pitman dropped to 3-2 in the CCC.
Turlock’s No. 2 Natalia Lima, No. 3 Taylor Olson, No. 4 Camille Stiles, No. 5 Jillian Temple and No. 6 Katrina Santiago all won their single matches in two sets. Turlock doubles players, in Lizete Duarte/Jenna Anderson, Ana Viss/Kayla Machado and Nina Thompson/Madeline Hillis, all contributed with wins.
Pitman’s Britney Leon, the No. 1 singles player, had the Pride’s lone win after defeating Turlock’s Ashley Gomez in two sets, 6-3, 6-4.
To contact Chhun Sun, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 634-9141 ext. 2041.