By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire chars laundry room
Placeholder Image
A fire caused an estimated $22,000 in damage to a laundry room at a Turlock apartment complex.
The fire was reported just after 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at 3170 N. Palm St. The fire destroyed the contents of the laundry room, the Turlock Fire Department reported.
It was brought under control in 10 minutes.
A maintenance supervisor cut his arm during the incident and was treated at the scene.
The fire appears to have started in a dryer, but is still under investigation. One of the coin receivers for a dryer was missing according to the fire department.