By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Officers make multiple visits to Turlock residence; one juvenile arrested
Turlock Police Cars

Turlock Police officers were called to a residence three times Saturday night because a party deteriorated into multiple fights and one assault, resulting in one woman being hospitalized and one teen being booked into Stanislaus County Juvenile Hall.

The events began to unfold shortly before midnight on Friday in the 1500 block of N. Palm Street when the Turlock Police Department received a report of a woman that had been struck by a vehicle and was unconscious at the scene.

The woman was found at the scene and taken by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening injury, said Turlock Police spokesperson Officer Mayra Lewis.

According to some of the witness statements, the woman was hit with the open door of a vehicle that was backing up. The statements also indicated it was done intentionally.

While investigating the aggravated assault, officers had two more issues arise at the scene that needed attention. The first was a fight between a few individuals that officers quickly broke up and the people dispersed. The second issue came when a 16-year-old decided to interject himself into the investigation.

The teenager was told to leave the scene, but instead of complying, he began threatening the officers, Lewis said. His escapades reached a crescendo when he pushed a police corporal at the scene. The action netted him an arrest for the assault and he was booked into juvenile hall.

Around 3 a.m. the police were called back to the area with reports of an aggravated assault. The 18-year-old male victim told officers a group of Hispanic men had pulled up in a vehicle and started beating him. At least one of the suspects had a bat and hit the victim multiple times on the head with it, Lewis said.

The suspects fled the scene before officers arrived.

The victim declined medical attention.

There have been no arrests of anyone in the car that hit the woman.