The Stanislaus County Fire Investigations Unit is looking into a late night fire that left a vacant Turlock building in a pile of rubble and ashes.
The fire was reported at 11:52 p.m. Thursday night at a building in the 300 block of N. Center Street.
The first arriving crews from the Turlock Fire Department found the building involved in heavy smoke and flames, said Turlock Fire Capt. Jason Bernard.
In addition to Turlock Fire engines, mutual aid came from other agencies, including five more engines, one truck and one battalion chief. In total there were eight fire engines, one truck and two battalion chiefs assigned to the fire.
Firefighters remained at the scene for several hours getting the fire extinguished and then clean-up. The ruins were still smoldering Friday afternoon and were being periodically checked by the fire department.
The building was last occupied by Jura's Pizza Parlor, but has been vacant for several years. There were no injuries reported.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the fire is asked to contact investigators at (209) 525-5573.