The Turlock Fire Department responded to 135 incidents between Sept. 2 to Sept. 8
● There were two fire calls and both were for grass fires. The average response time for the fire calls were six minutes and 21 seconds. The total loss from the fire was estimated at $6.
● There were 104 calls for Emergency Medical Services and rescue incidents. Among those were 21 calls for medical assistance and 78 for all types of EMS calls, except vehicle collisions. The fire department responded to five vehicle collisions with injuries reported. The average response time for EMS calls was five minutes and 20 seconds.
● There was one call regarding hazardous conditions, which was for a gas leak.
● There were 12 calls for service. Among them were six calls to assist invalids, one unauthorized burning call and three public service assistance calls. The average response time for service calls was five minutes and 14 seconds.
● There were four good intent calls, meaning the call was either canceled en route or no incident found on arrival.
● There were five false calls. There was one malicious false alarm and one smoke detector malfunction.