The Turlock Irrigation District Board of Directors will consider approving a waiver for the Moccasin Point Marina concession lease agreement that would see the marina move from its current location at the Don Pedro Lake due to insufficient water levels.
According to TID's agreement with Don Pedro, the marina is required to move successively to the Harney Lane and Six Bit Gulch locations when lake levels recede. Due to ongoing drought and the lowered water levels at the Don Pedro Recreation Agency, Moccasin Point Marina managers have requested to waive these requirements so that they are now able to move directly to a low water level location approved by the agency.
If approved by the TID Board of Directors, the waiver would continue until the Don Pedro Recreation Agency Board of Control determines that it is safe and appropriate for the marina to return to the Moccasin Point location. Additionally, the marina must provide an additional pump-out facility and any other necessary services as determined by the Don Pedro Recreation Agency director.
Line Scheduling Supervisor Stephen Pinkney will be recognized for his dedicated and conscientious service for the past 32 years by the TID Board of Directors on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, the Board of Directors will also:
• Receive weekly updates on electric services, power and water;
• Approve the installation of a 15-inch sidegate in the Main Canal to serve 100 acres of almond and peach trees;
• Authorize certain employees to perform all necessary transactions required for the maintenance of TID's account with the Local Agency Investment Fund;
• Permit the Board President or Vice President to approve payment of warrants against TID;
• Cancel the regular TID Board meeting of March 11.
The TID Board of Directors meeting will be held at 9 a.m. on Tuesday at the TID Main Office, located at 333 E. Canal Drive.