An ammonia leak prompted an evacuation of a facility in Turlock on Saturday, the Turlock Fire Department reported.
The leak was reported to the fire department at 2:51 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of W. F Street.
The first fire crews to arrive at the scene were able to trace the ammonia leak back to a compressor room.
“All employees were immediately and safely evacuated and accounted for,” said Turlock Fire Capt. Jason Bernard.
The Turlock Fire Department crew met with the remaining on-site staff to confirm the location was coming from a gauge in the compressor room and notified the Department of Environmental Resources and the California Office of Emergency Services Hazardous Material team.
The fire department’s hazardous material team made entry and was able to stop the leak by securing five valves that fed the compressor.
The Turlock Fire Department responded to the incident with two engines and a battalion chief. Mutual aid resources responded to the incident with one hazardous material unit and a battalion chief. In total, 11 firefighters were on-scene as well as crews from AMR and units from the Turlock Police Department.
The Department of Environmental Resources is handling the investigation on the release. No injuries were reported for this incident.