The City’s Winter Watering Schedule is still in effect, which limits outdoor watering to only one day per week. City staff regularly patrols all neighborhoods in Turlock to enforce the watering schedule as well as other water wasting violations. Water wasting notices are issued for a number of reasons, such as:
· Watering on the wrong day and/or hours
· Watering landscaped areas such that excess water leaves the property/area being watered
· Watering landscaped areas while raining and/or within 48 hours following measurable rainfall
· Washing vehicles, boats, or equipment during restricted days/hours and/or using a hose without a positive shut-off valve
· Hosing down driveways, sidewalks, building exteriors, streets and/or parking lots
· Broken sprinklers, plumbing fixtures or leaky faucets on the premises
· Operating evaporated coolers or fountains that are not equipped with a recirculating pump.
For a first violation, all customers receive a warning notice. For subsequent water wasting violations, customers are issued fines ranging from $50 to $250. The City of Turlock does, however, allow customers to take an Online Water Conservation Workshop instead of paying their first fine of $50. The workshop is free of charge and once successfully completed, the penalty fee will be waived. The workshop can be accessed by visiting the City of Turlock’s website at www.CityofTurlock.org.
For questions or additional information, please contact Municipal Services at 209-668-5590. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.
WATER CONSERVATION TIP #84
Excessive Water Use Penalty: Effective May 1 City of Turlock water customers who use over 40,000 gallons in a month will be fined $25; penalty will be reflected on June utility bill.