An abandoned Turlock home that has thrice been set ablaze was once again set on fire Tuesday night.
The fire was reported at a vacant home at 881 W. Main Street at 10:31 p.m. Tuesday. The fire was reported by a call to 911.
No injuries were reported from the blaze.
The first Turlock fire fighters to arrive on scene found the basement of the vacant single family home engulfed in flames. The fire was spreading quickly to the main level of the home through holes in the floor, the fire department reported.
A total of ten personnel responded to the site and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. Crews remained on scene for an hour and a half to extinguish any hot spots and for clean-up. Three fire engines were dispatched to the scene.
The fire caused significant damage to the basement and back of the home.
The house has no connections for electrical power or natural gas. It has been boarded up and vacant for several years. It has also been set on fire three times in the last three years, the fire department reported. Like the fires before it, the one on Tuesday was ruled suspicious.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call Turlock Fire Investigator Jared Alvord at 668-5580.