Almost 70% of the Earth is made up of water, however, many
parts of the world experience a shortage of clean, fresh water to drink and use
on a daily basis. Water conservation is an important act we all need to follow
in order to help make our clean water supply last.
Try implementing some of these easy water conservation practices in your everyday routine:
· Turn tap water off tightly to prevent dripping
· Do not leave the sink water running while you are brushing your teeth
· Make sure your toilets and washing machine are high-efficiency (Ask us about our rebate program!)
· Wash only full loads of laundry in your washing machine
· Use an aerator on your faucet to reduce water usage (We give out free ones!)
· Periodically check to make sure you do not have any leaks around your house (We have free Home Water Survey Kits to help with this!)
For questions or additional information, please contact Municipal Services at (209) 668-5590 or visit the City of Turlock website at: www.CityofTurlock.org. Brought to you by the City of Turlock Municipal Services Department.
For more information about the City of Turlock’s High-Efficiency Toilet and Clothes Washer Rebate Program visit https://ci.turlock.ca.us/watersewergarbageservice/waterconservation/rebates.asp To receive a free aerator for your faucet and a free Home Water Survey Kit, please visit the Municipal Services Department at 156 S Broadway Ave Suite 270, Turlock.