On Tuesday, the Turlock City Council is expected to:
• Hold a reception in honor of Rhonda Greenlee, retiring City Clerk. Greenlee has served as either Executive Assistant to the City Manager or City Clerk at the City of Turlock since Aug. 1, 1991.
She will be honored by a special reception before the council meeting, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., and a proclamation issued at the beginning of the council meeting.
• Consider the Convention and Visitors Bureau Annual Report for 2011, and approve the organization's 2012 budget.
• Appoint Kellie Weaver, currently Turlock's Deputy City Clerk, as Turlock's new City Clerk.
• Issue a proclamation in honor of the California State University, Stanislaus women's soccer Team, which earned the title of 2011 California Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament Champions.
• Reappoint Jeff Hillberg to the Planning Commission, and reappoint Bella Daniel and Steven Nascimento to the Parks, Recreation and Facilities Commission. Parks Commissioner Desiree Silva, whose term is also expiring, is not seeking reappointment.
• Receive a briefing on economic development business models for the Turlock Municipal Airport, from California State University, Stanislaus Masters of Public Administration students.
• Hear staff updates on the Business Incentive Program, which will present a $500 check to Accurate Family Dental, and the Christmas parade.
• Finalize an ordinance amendment to increase the minimum height of trees overhanging public streets, alleys, and sidewalks. The ordinance change was introduced on Nov. 11.
Currently the code requires property owners clear a space of at least 7 feet between the lowest limb or foliage of trees and the public street. City staff is recommending that figure be changed to at least 16 feet but no more than 20 feet, so as to accommodate tall city vehicles. Sidewalks would require a clearance of at least 7 feet and no more than 10 feet.
All property owners and tenants would be required to maintain trees on their property to meet these standards, per city code.
• Conduct an annual performance review of City Manager Roy Wasden in closed session.
The Turlock City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Yosemite Room of Turlock City Hall, 156 S. Broadway. The meeting will be preceded by a 6 p.m. reception for retiring City Clerk Rhonda Greenlee.